[FRIAM] IS NOW: EMPATHY, WAS: Tangled up in our own 2nd Amendment? Bleak Lives Manner?

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 12:42:54 EST 2021

Marcus.  WHAT  is your problem with empathy?  What ever it is, I do
empathize with it.  But that's not going to keep me from saying that I think
it's nuts.  Empathy, like every other emotion, is a source of information.
Cutting off your access to empathy is like cauterizing your fingertips.  See
Review of Laird's FEELINGS.
<https://www.researchgate.net/publication/260060117_A_BEHAVIORIST_ACCOUNT_OF
_EMOTIONS_AND_FEELINGS_MAKING_SENSE_OF_JAMES_D_LAIRD%27S_FEELINGS_THE_PERCEP
TION_OF_SELF>  By the way, those of you who spent the 3 months of 2011
wandering around in Jim Laird's mind, will be sad to learn that he died
<https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/telegram/name/james-laird-obituary?pid
=197423454>  a few weeks ago.

Nick.

Nicholas Thompson