[FRIAM] Digital Courts (Was: Yay!)

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 18:01:39 EST 2021

Oh, and this:

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210111-twitter-s-problematic-trump-ban-troubles-europe

"The EU intends to set up a procedure for implementing moderation decisions, a way to contest these decisions and the possibility of resolving disputes through a third party, she told AFP, stressing that legislation is needed on both sides of the Atlantic."

And this:

A Human-Centric Digital Manifesto for Europe
https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/publications/a-human-centric-digital-manifesto-for-europe

Naturally, I prefer the hacker ethic. Marcus' point about the obvious weaknesses of centralized hosting could be largely, organically, mitigated if decentralized open systems were built into the value system from the ground up. Tom has made a similar point in advocating subscriptions to local newspapers. But we just don't live in that world. So we get these crufty band-aids.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ