[FRIAM] Digital Courts (Was: Yay!)

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 11:25:55 EST 2021

Yep. And the complex interface vs. implementation issue is nicely analogous to oft-argued data privacy issues. I recently decided to hire a professional bookkeeper for my company. And it requires storing lots of our personal data into a web accessible database ... just begging to be hacked by some motivated criminal. But I'm so tired. I'm old and tired. So I find myself on the same ideological side as Renee's grand-daughter, who doesn't seem to care at all that Instagram, Google, Netflix, et al know more about her than anyone in her family does.

A lasting foundation for digital rights/courts would require significant foresight ... something I think most of us doubt given our approach to a "phase transition" or Singularity.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ