[FRIAM] Poetry Slams vs biologic Percean Logic Machine Emulator

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 15:37:11 EST 2021

Very interesting connection! Thanks for the link.

I'm skeptical of the *schism* idea (including the recent bow shot by Steve equating steel/straw to trial by combat), though. I lump "talking past each other" in the same boat. The suggestion that point-counterpoint or talking past each other happens at all *disrespects* the community (of 2 in combat, as well as many in, say, neighborhood association meetings).

What gets beyond any narrative- or logic-based conception is the question "What should we DO?" That question will often weed out the bad faith participants right off the bat. Anyone who answers with "Nothing" is revealed to be bad faith immediately. But in that context, the risk of a long-term social dichotomy is that we'll normalize the answer "Nothing."

Luckily, neither side of this situation (from insurrection to populism) is saying "Do nothing." That call to action is a very stable foundation for consensus, scientific or social, regardless of the apparent (but not actual) contradiction between the proposed actions. As wrong as they are, those gun-toting insurrectionists agree with *me* that action is necessary. All we need do is engage them in "What actions should we take?"

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ