[FRIAM] Talent and Moral Luck - Steelman attempt

jon zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:26:20 EST 2021

Very well summarized. I am hearing that Nick's question is one of cultural
cultivation. Finding and maintaining a sweet spot seems crucial. Is it the
responsibility and obligation of those with power to sit at the head of the
household, to play the role of daddy to all free persons? I watched a DW
broadcast where it was reported that financial services like Stripe no
longer allow users to donate money to Donald Trump, and Deutsche Bank has
cut business ties with him. The report closed with a broadcaster saying,
"Well, it looks like money talks". I couldn't help but think that it was
exactly the opposite, a place where money will not. I was left thinking that
I could donate money to a felon sitting in prison, but not the exiting
president of the United States (not that I have such an ambition). Here
pressures on Trump's context are being reformed to reflect a new status for
the man. Is this an example of a change in *our attitudes*?

--
Sent from: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/