[FRIAM] Message to the non-posting 95%

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 21:39:03 EST 2021

I recently mentioned Joe Ramsey in a thread about music vs computing as
brain training for the young.  He is a concert level pianist and an
excellent developer of software for scientific applications.  He said he
thought that discussion was interesting.  He said, "I have to say that
eventually you get to a point with either one where no matter how much
tinkering you try to do you are unsatisfied, and you want to do it *right*.
Or *optimally*. And then your tinkering becomes imbued with careful
attention to technique. And then you may as well get a job, you're done
for."

Frank

---
Frank C. Wimberly