[FRIAM] The Dream of Florida

Gary Schiltz gary at naturesvisualarts.com
Thu Jul 1 17:01:39 EDT 2021

I don't know what you like to do to relax, so my recommendation may be
completely off base for you. For me, Florida is too crowded to enjoy. I
don't know California well enough to comment intelligently, other than to
say that given its size, it is practically its own country in so many ways.
I personally love New Mexico.  I lived outside of Santa Fe for a decade,
and in many ways wish I had never left. For me, the most difficult thing
about living there was trying to stay employed during the tech bubble
bursting and the onset of the financial crisis of 2008. Now, the severe
drought would be difficult to live with. But all in all, New Mexico is a
magical place.