[FRIAM] A solution to all our social ills.

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 21:39:37 EDT 2021

Hi, everybody,

You will recognize this mood.  I have come to the conclusion that being
discriminated against  and therefor poor, in our society, is a role, a
function that needs to be fulfilled.  It's a job.  It is impossible to be
rich if somebody else is not poor.  (I mean, how else would one know?)
Being poor is nasty hard work, but somebody has to do it.  So, my solution
is to pay people to be poor.  How much should we pay them.  Well, for this,
we need to set up a government agency, NIESE, The National Institute for
Economic and Social equity,  pronounced, of course, "nice."   This agency
set's up Disparity Observatories, all over the country that monitor economic
success in terms of every imaginable individual human trait.  Then, at tax
time, a multivariate analysis assigns to each taxpayer a degree of
discrimination and the government sends a bill or a payment, accordingly.
In a pretty short time, income can no longer be predicted on the basis of
sex, gender, age, ethnicity, skin color, or prior condition of servitude.
If a formerly poor person's allocation gets sufficiently large, we might
send them a letter thanking them for their service as poor people, and
wishing them well in their new employment.

Ok.  That's solved.  What else do you want to talk about?

Nick

Nick Thompson

ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com>

https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/