[FRIAM] Collective sensemaking

Barry MacKichan barry.mackichan at mackichan.com
Tue Jul 20 11:16:25 EDT 2021

I did a fair amount of spelunking in my undergraduate days. While I
occasionally encountered a solitary bat, most bats that I’m familiar
with hang cheek to jowl in vast crowds. In caves, which you could fairly
describe as “inside”. To answer BW: No, not suspicious at all.

*The Sixth Extinction* by Elizabeth Colbert has a chapter about an
infection racing through bat populations in the US.

—Barry