[FRIAM] multitasking

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 15:14:21 EDT 2021

Try two against three!

Nick Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/

From: Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> On Behalf Of Frank Wimberly
Sent: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 2:36 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam at redfish.com>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] multitasking

An exercise:  my friends in high school band used to do this.  Strike an object (e.g. table) at a regular interval with your right hand; strike with your left hand every other beat.  Now tap your right foot every fourth beat and your left foot every eighth beat.

I think some of them could do this.  I could never get to the left foot.

---
Frank C. Wimberly
140 Calle Ojo Feliz,
Santa Fe, NM 87505

505 670-9918
Santa Fe, NM

On Wed, Jun 2, 2021, 11:30 AM Steve Smith <sasmyth at swcp.com <mailto:sasmyth at swcp.com> > wrote:

Marcus responds to Glen's response to DaveW :
> "And *that* you can run on a treadmill at all says something about your architecture. I absolutely despise treadmills ... they violate everything I know (and hate/love) about running. What kind of monster are you?"
>
> Controlled exertion.  What's not to love?   If I could do it hanging on a hook in a spacesuit, I would.   Snap off my head and do some work while the Neurallink driver pushes the body through spinal interfaces.  :-)

Now you are singing my song into the good ear!  In a few years that
might be all that is left of me (one good ear and a Neurallink interface
to whatever is left functioning of my body!)

Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam <http://bit.ly/virtualfriam>
archives: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/