[FRIAM] Call blockers

Alexander Rasmus alex.m.rasmus at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 12:21:54 EST 2021

Nick,

Are you looking at the V5000 call blocker? This will be of a medium amount
of use, as it looks like you can block calls with no caller id info. The
phone comes with a blacklist of 5000 numbers that you can add more numbers
too, but you'll have to do this after/while they're calling, so your phone
will still ring. This might help a little with scammers, but is unlikely to
do much for the political fundraising spam that makes up much of the spam I
get.

If you're on iphone it's pretty easy to set it up to only ring when a
contact calls (it'll still ring and go to voicemail, just in silent mode),
android looks like its a little more tedious:
https://mashtips.com/block-unknown-numbers-landline-iphone-android/

Best,
Alex