[FRIAM] corruption and impartiality

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 11:46:47 EST 2021

Spot on, Steve. I mean, I reject Lerner's suggestion that procedural rights, covering abortion to some greater or lesser extent, are somehow less fundamental than "substantive" rights. "The law" can only be *complete* if it's considered a model of the entire society, which leads to your natural conclusion that it's everywhere (and nowhere, if we're careful about that word), in both definition and computation.

The question raised by the IDEA report is one of engineering vs natural science and shared values. So, this is our justice system, where evil-doers like Rittenhouse and Reinoehl simply reap the persnickety, artifactual, consequences of the way it's semi-structured. Do we let it stand? Or do we reform it? What shared value(s) would we target as engineers? And if we choose reformation, is it a nudge approach? Overhaul approach? Etc.

When literally everything from SCOTUS down to the use of leaf blowers is suspect, where should our skeptical attentions be applied? I mean, I can forgive the right wing morons marching against vaccine mandates because *I* don't know where to put my energies, either. We're both confused. We're all just a little bit arrogant in thinking our motivated slicing is somehow more important than others' motivated slicing.

--
"Better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie."
☤>$ uǝlƃ