[FRIAM] self and next*

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:37:44 EDT 2022

Sorry. By unidimensional politics, I meant the typical left vs right. But even individual vs collective would be similarly over-reducing (though it wouldn't elevate my blood pressure so much). There are left individualists as well as right individualists, as in the paper Russ just posted.

But the essence of my coupled oscillators proposal is that of a heterarchy where some higher order oscillations comprise some lower order osscillations. But *some* collections of oscillators don't compose higher order oscillations (which could mean an [in|de]crease of some kind, including entropy). I haven't thought it through, but perhaps some higher order oscillations may not comprise lower order oscillations at all ... maybe an illusory "beat" or somesuch.

Anyway, it's all too vague to be useful. I should not have included it. I'm more interested in the ossified structures that constrain things, like SCOTUS gutting the VRA, allowing people to cross the border to vote, disallowing mail-in voting, gerrymandering, etc. With the re-election of Vučić and Orbán, and Musk taking majority share in Twitter (by which I suspect we'll soon see Trump's account reinstated), I've come back to doubting our conception of "fair" (and egalitarianism as a whole) is at all coherent.

--
Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙