[FRIAM] Double Master Function (was Re: bad covid story)

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Feb 4 10:44:26 EST 2022

I like the refinement you are gesturing at here, if I'm following.  I
think that is what Zelazny did with his Amber stuff and the ideation of
this whole (infinite?) milieu of  parallel worlds being held in the
tension of Logos and Chaos.

I haven't read any of this work in decades so I expect my understanding
of all that would be different today, but at the time I think I held
that as the spectrum/gradient of entropy between the low-information of
perfect order and low information of random order with "the interesting
stuff" happening somewhere in between.   The specific quantization of
coherent "worlds" that individuals can participate in more or less in
the way *we* experience our world (or think we do?) is fascinating to
me. There is a variant of the anthropic principle at-work here perhaps?

What you say about alternate logics is more obvious in it's coherent
quantization...   and the world of whack-a-doodle "alternative facts" is
obviously seductive to those who indulge in it, but the requirement of
internal consistency seems to be what yields quantization or at least
concentrations of clusters of factoids (like virtual particles?)?