[FRIAM] Brain as Quantum Computer Hallucinating Math

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 08:18:55 EST 2022

Ugh! Even after reading linked article <https://neurosciencenews.com/math-neurons-20067/> and skimming the paper <https://www.cell.com/current-biology/fulltext/S0960-9822(22)00116-6>, I don't get the connection to quantum computing. OK, sure. Predictive processing, higher order operators over distributions, and parallelism/connectionism all bear some relation to QC. And, I guess, as we develop programming languages for QCs, it's reasonable they'll be expressive enough to cover those types of computation better than languages we like to use for ordinary computers. But otherwise, what am I missing? How does this have anything to do with QC?

--
glen
When elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers.