[FRIAM] sanctions schmanctions

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 13:24:41 EST 2022

Yeah. The asymmetry between the actual size of Russia/Putin and its influence is [in|not]credible. I suppose it's a bit similar to Ireland, at least culturally, but also as a haven for tax dodging. In addition to hard tech like drones, it's unclear to me why we don't use soft tech more often. Hell, even simple ddos attacks on RF state media outlets might help with some of the propaganda. Where is Anonymous? Where is Palantir? Oh, right, the script kiddies and Thiel probably support Putin. [sigh] Perhaps we can regard Putin simply as a well-intentioned disrupter ... those middle-man fees Ukraine gets routing oil are exactly like taxi medallions. Pfft.

--
glen
When elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers.