[FRIAM] stranger than fiction

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Jul 27 00:11:05 EDT 2022

One problem is how to define target difficulty.  Molecule size?  If the ground state is reached, there won’t be any more besides some possible degenerate solutions.  In contrast, a nonce of some length is evident.   Perhaps miners could opt for relatively small molecules knowing that they might never find a better solution.   In this way there would be strategy.
Another problem is that there are similar projects like Folding At Home that do not have revenue incentives and people volunteer resources anyway.