[FRIAM] Ψ

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 11:43:32 EDT 2022

Ya gotta love PZ. I don't know if he's a good biologist. But he's a great critic, especially when he takes on members of the manosphere:

https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2022/06/04/pz-takes-on-jordan-peterson-and-richard-dawkins/

I know Dawkins might not be thought of as a member of the manosphere <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manosphere> ... but I think he ranks, not least for his explicit and unnecessary opinions on trans people. [sigh] What are the signs one's cultural homunculus has corrupted one's scientific homunculus? And can the latter be returned to a healthy state after such corruption?

I'm knee deep in Mouffe's Agonistics: https://bookshop.org/books/agonistics-thinking-the-world-politically/9781781681039 So far, it appeals to my anarcho-syndicalist and postmodern sympathies. I'm at risk of being programmed by the text, though. Luckily, I read so slow and comprehend so little, any programming will be buggy: https://youtu.be/2j3adcbEwSM?t=52

--
Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙