[FRIAM] academic freedom

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu Mar 3 15:56:12 EST 2022

Glen writes:

< I think they're just defense mechanisms they've learned over years of abuse. >

The defense mechanisms could be more like acquired allergies and do harm.    Once one is dealing with reflexive mechanisms, I start to worry that a conversation is not possible.   Because they would 1) need to learn to control those mechanisms (and who wants to take the time for them to do that) or 2) claim "You [the man] made me this may, now live with it."  (and then adapt to their nutty rules).

There seems to be a need for some generosity to help people cope, but it seems plausible to me some people are just too damaged.    Does the absence of generosity make one a snowflake?