[FRIAM] Birds do it, monads and their algebras do it...

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 18:21:58 EDT 2022

General truths are beautiful things, but too often they could not be
further from the whole story. It is wonderful that every computation under
the sun can be computed by a universal Turing machine, but at the end of
the day, no one is closer to knowing how best to program one for all
occasions, no closer to a free lunch.

By what procedure should one set out to discover an optimal search, to
search among stars for the perfect search. A zoo of computational
complexities point to the problem, and never before have we come so close
to a general truth about the enormity of our problems.

https://complexityzoo.net/Complexity_Zoo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_free_lunch_theorem
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_machine