[FRIAM] (not) leaving Twitter

Roger Critchlow rec at elf.org
Thu Nov 17 17:28:25 EST 2022

Hmm, credit unions were designed to not be in competition with banks, and
so they don't get very big,h and don't have access to deeper pockets of
funding, and don't get gobbled up by bigger banks, and don't get closed
because their service areas underperform.

So when big banks look at their branch performance, they could run all the
branches head to head against each other, but the branches should really be
tiered into comparable peer groups.  A branch should score according to its
performance against branches in similar locations, and according to its
contributions to improving the economy around its location.  Otherwise the
big bank is just strip mall mining and leaving finance deserts behind.

-- rec --