[FRIAM] Ralph Abraham, Rob and Chris Shaw (was: Re: Zoom Friam)

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Sat Oct 15 12:05:44 EDT 2022

The Days are Just Packed: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Volume 12):
Watterson, Bill: 9780836217353: Amazon.com: Books

Some "days" in the FriAmVerse are "Just Packed"... and this week is one
of them!

I had forgotten about Chris's work with Ralph... and neglected to
mention the first time I encountered him when he penned an Escher Ruboff
for the 1985?  "Evolution Games and Learning"
announcements/T-Shirt/Agenda at LANL.     I had my T-shirt for decades
but it slipped away sometime in the last 20 years.   It was the classic
Escher  "hand drawing hand" but with one hand a *robotic* one.

Drawing Hands” large poster – M.C. Escher – The Official Website

The *last* time I actually saw this image was sitting at el Parasol in
Pojoaque when it appeared on a tall, lean, blond nordic young man.   He
was the spitting image of Steen Rasmussen ( who attended the Evolution,
Games, Learning workshop as well).   Of course it was his (now 20ish)
son Leif who I hadn't seen since he was 12!   We chatted briefly but I
didn't get a picture (it was surely before cell-phone cameras... maybe
2002?)...  I saw Steen 3 years ago in Copenhagen on my way back from
Merle's gig in Stockholm.

Thanks for more Landau links...  the Cuban thing was very... "very"...

- Steve