[FRIAM] culinary Complexity question

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 21:05:15 EDT 2022

I suspect because...fall. Been enjoying somewhat spicey food. Question is
what, if any, science is their to green chile(as in the spice, like
Jalapeno, or what ever). That brings out flavoring. I get that it adds
dimension, ala MSG and Salts. But hadn't thought about: what in particular
it is about peppers and spices science that'd do that. I gather
that  Capsaicin found in peppers basically wakes the tongue up. Before
introducing the heat. But ok so what about the rest? is it more flavoring
science? kind of like how fudge or chocolate brings something to icecream?
Just me waxing poetic while wondering why i had seconds of a dense dish.
And also wondering what new state of matter i turned into. I feel as though
I gained several stones and need forklift to move now.