[FRIAM] (not) leaving Twitter

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Mon Oct 31 13:28:19 EDT 2022

Great quote from CDs screed:

    "Every billionaire is a policy failure, but every billionaire is
    also a factory for producing policy failures at scale."

I think this logic held for *millionaires* at the turn of the *previous*
century but I doubt it will take until 2100 to raise the exponent from 6
to 9 to 12 (trillionaire)?

Anyone else read Gibson's "Jackpot" series or at least start watching
"The Peripheral" on Netflix? Their dystopian 2100 feels *almost* Utopian
compared to what I sometimes feel is looming on the horizon.

On Musk/Tesla, I think I now understand better how the died-in-wool
capitalists who love-to-hate Musk choose to make their money on his
coat-tails by *shorting* against the volatility he generates with his
dumb-Tweets (everything from 420 to challenging Putin to resolve Ukraine
through personal combat to suggesting Zelensky give over disputed
territories to the latest Pelosi-conspiracy-talk).  Buh!