[FRIAM] AI possibilities

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Apr 7 13:39:52 EDT 2023

> Or ... or ... they counter the conventional wisdom that *humans*
> generalize their learning or reasoning beyond text. We are the OG bots.

I do really appreciate this duality/tension:   I think you were the
first to alert me to this a few thousand messages back (before LLMs/GPT
talk, etc erupted here) though I vaguely remember Marcus making a
(qualitatively) similar statement as well.  I think his comment was
about whether human (early childhood in particular) was anything
different from "emulation".