[FRIAM] emergent mind - ai news by ai

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Mar 29 14:13:20 EDT 2023

REC-
> https://www.emergentmind.com/
>
> The user Emma is a robot scanning for postings and tweets about ai
> news.  They get logged and summarized in the timeline.  The user Matt
> is the creator of the site.

thanks for the reference...

Has anyone (else) read the "Pause AI"
open-letter:https://futureoflife.org/open-letter/pause-giant-ai-experiments/?ref=emergentmind
?

> Bloomberg reports an AI Whisperer prompt engineering job offering
> $335000/year,
> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-03-29/ai-chatgpt-related-prompt-engineer-jobs-pay-up-to-335-000#xj4y7vzkg

I *like* the term "prompt engineer".   I hold the opinion that one way
to frame "problem solving" is ultimately "asking the right question"
whereupon the answers become somewhat obvious?   That has been my
experience with usin GPT4, it has made me better and better at
formulating questions.

- SASs