[FRIAM] Language Model Understanding

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sun Oct 8 12:30:33 EDT 2023

Eric writes:

“Bears on how many things make up the machinery of nihilism, extending well beyond relations I recognized as part of an integration, though mentioning many things I rail against in daily life.”

The willingness of physicists to use uninterpreted models, e.g., quantum mechanics, seems like nihilism to me.  I don’t mean that in a judgmental way, nor do I mean it in an admiring way.  On the other hand, there are many people, I reckon most people, that provide their beliefs as both explanations and justifications.   Bombs follow soon after.

Marcus