[FRIAM] Generative AI Images and 'stylization'

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Thu Feb 29 19:48:37 EST 2024

Ugh "ai", It's not even fully hear yet. And I'm getting fatigued by news
about it. At the moment Nvidias investment has all the makings of being a
bubble, Stability Ai has an id chrisis and is getting stale. Stable
diffusion can spend 30 minutes making pictures, and nightmare fuel hands,
and I guess we can also make nightmare fuel  meme, and rickroll videos from
prompts(ok that one is at least amusing )   Wake me up when machamp can
help with spring cleaning, and R2D2 with C3PO can help drive people to the
mall.
My issue comes from how even the little I read just the synopsis of the odd
news article "ai" is used to a degree that it might  have a chance of being
NP complete and a genuine Wat?! "ai assisted networking power tools for
SaaP ai certified cloud services coming from Oracle" (uh translator!),
"nvidia's "ai assisted generative frames to assist with 4k gaming.(leaving
out neutering ram and bus speed for real propper 1080p and 2k anying) " and
my favorite "adobe investing into it's Ai generated, Ai assisted photo
edditing sweet and generative video suite..." someone get the Linus Tech
Tips, and NY times a copy editor, that's almost incoherent!
And those real headlines was just from last friday alone! that kind tech
reporting, and development is why. I for one, are getting tired of people
saying Ai, like a broken record.  Sam Altman might think, and try to be, a
rockstar of LLM's, and that much is (potentially) great. but that's like a
Jallopy car compared to what full propper Ai  (is? or will be? a fine tuned
mustang, or Volvo)
Just my opinion.