[FRIAM] Why the Mystery of Consciousness Is Deeper Than We Thought

Stephen Guerin stephen.guerin at simtable.com
Tue Jul 9 01:00:24 EDT 2024

On Mon, Jul 8, 2024 at 6:08 PM Marcus Daniels <marcus at snoutfarm.com> wrote:

> Argh!  Could we dial down the Christmas in the elf stereotype?   :-)

I did push the santa elves in my prompt as that was the type of elf I had
in mind at the time - I realize now the loss of elf geek cred:
   "Illustrate an elf lecturing to other Santa elves a deep geometric proof
of consciousness on a whiteboard supported with candy canes"

I found it interesting that Dan Gupta "thought" of putting a ladder against
the whiteboard which hinted at the the idea that the shorter elves needed
it. And then the apparent "cognitive dissonance" that ladders tend to lean
against walls instead of whiteboards which may have led to that
inconsistency in the illustration.

Markus, yes, we can dial down Christmas. Dan wrote an elf selector for you.
I prompted to first list 10 elf types, generate images of them, then choose
3 semantic vectors as orthogonal as possible to separate the elf types.
Then, create an HTML page with 3 sliders for the vectors and sort the elves
based on cosine distance to the slider values. :-)
      https://guerin.acequia.io/elfSelector

[image: image.png]