[FRIAM] Does Dusty Love Dave, and VV.

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Jul 12 13:41:33 EDT 2024

I can predict many of my dog’s state transitions.   She wakes me up to go outside.  With high probability, she will then go to her spot on the couch.  Between 30 seconds and five minutes later she’ll determine if I have space for her.  She doesn’t bother with sleeping people, but awake people she’ll spend time with.

Walking on me is a clear indication of a desire to go for a walk.   In the car it is predictive of hunger.  Hurry up, get home!    Staring at me when I’m seated after dinner is a definite request for a particular treat.

Conversely, any usage of a jacket is a high probability signal to her a walk may be unfolding.  I then predict her to grab a high value item in her mouth and mock me by running away with it.   Blankets make fine displays of autonomy as they can be dragged around the house with enthusiasm.

Losing either side of this contract would be a disappointment to both of us.  Our combined machine would stop working.

All stuff a LLM could encode.