[FRIAM] Does Dusty Love Dave, and VV.

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 14:48:54 EDT 2024

I don't have a dog. So maybe this is bending the thread too far for Nick. But when Dusty expresses self-awareness by behaving similar to Jackson, this is the self-as-other or other-as-self reflection concept. Dusty could merely be "conscious of" Jackson, not herself. Perhaps mimicry is upstream of consciousness. And perhaps classification/similarity, more recognizable doings versus less recognizable doings, is upstream of mimicry, which is more fodder for the argument that an LLM will eventually be able to do this, though perhaps not "by itself".

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ