[FRIAM] tolerance of intolerance

steve smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Tue Jul 16 17:25:20 EDT 2024

> As the whitelash thing works itself out over the next few decades,

I listened to JD Vance's interviews when he was first on his "Hillbilly
Elegy" booktour back whenever (2015?) and was hopeful for him.   I
thought he was bringing some type of visibility and healthy response to
the stigmergic and transient stimuli which ultimately yielded the frothy
whitelash we have been in for (way to long of) a while now.   When he
was speaking so vociferously against Trump, I had some renewed hope that
he represented something productive in the realm of relieving the
conditions frothing up the whitelash...

His current "short game" looks as ugly or worse than any of the other
(DeSantis, Cruz, Hawley, ... ) wankers, and I fear his "long game" is
even better than theirs, probably to "nothing good will come" effect.
A kinked short-story, however, might include him catching the mantle
when Trump drops/fumbles/has-ripped-from-cold-dead-hands and doing the
things I imagined for/from him 10 years ago.   Almost certainly not.
Power is corruption. Project 2025 would likely be his blueprint as well.

Robot Peace? With Folded Hands <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Humanoids>