[FRIAM] tolerance of intolerance

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 10:31:16 EDT 2024

 From a postmodern position, "the law" emerges from finer grained power dynamics. He who has the gold rules. So, from that perspective there are gradations that allow both your rhetoric and "no one is above the law" to be true at the same time. It's just that "the law" is not this math-envy thing we see in Constitutional governments. Those who believe that a Constitution can be something like a Foundation for any subsequent inference honestly believe there's a coherent "law". Those of us who think it's pretense, don't.

Maybe the Federalist Society can be likened to those who argue in bad faith for the Law of Noncontradiction. They'll pull out the old trope of "anything proceeds from absurdity" when they want to coerce you one way. Then they'll pull out the "imperfect republic" "checks and balances" tropes when they want to coerce you another way.

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ