[FRIAM] New Mexican's Sunday's story on education proficiency

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 13:46:29 EDT 2024

right. But even beyond the definitions of the symbols, the calculus of "converging to true" also has to consider the desires of the convergers. Some will gloss over that with "in the long run" or whatever. But it's disingenuous to pretend to consider the entire ecosystem, but leave the overwhelming majority of members of that ecosystem as latent, hidden, or unresolved. Brandom makes a similarly good point about "behaviroism": "And one of the things we have learned by chewing these things over in the last forty years or so is that taking into account also the relations of internal states to each other yields a much more powerful and plausible account. This is precisely the surplus explanatory value of functionalism over behaviorism in the philosophy of mind." Whether you take the position I do (that it's "doings" all the way down) or allow for inside/outside distinctions, the point remains.

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ