[FRIAM] Self-Consciousness, experience and metaphysics

Nicholas Thompson thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 12:38:26 EDT 2024

David,

I am having trouble with the fusion metaphor. I can think of two kinds of fusions that might be operating here: a bunch of stuff is pushed together at very high velocity, and there is a giant bang. Alternatively, a bunch of different substances Are heated to a high temperature and form a piece of slag. Is either these metaphors appropriate to your understanding? Or are you operating with a different one?
Sent from my Dumb Phone