[FRIAM] Unpleasant dreams

Jochen Fromm jofr at cas-group.net
Mon Jun 3 16:15:17 EDT 2024

Did you notice that some of the most successful movies from Spielberg are about our deepest fears? Jurassic Park is about monsters from the past. Jaws is about monsters which lurk in the deep blue sea. Indiana Jones is about monsters (and treasures) hiding in dark tombs.Paul Boom remarks in his book "The Sweet Spot" that psychologists have long known that unpleasant dreams are more frequent than pleasant ones. Why is that so? Do unpleasant dreams prepare us for possible dangers or are we just relieved that the are over if they end?https://www.harpercollins.com/products/the-sweet-spot-paul-bloom?variant=40262533840930-J.