[FRIAM] new math of complexity

glen gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 13:41:43 EDT 2024

IDK. If by "discussion", you mean co-constructing reality, then I'd agree. But that would contradict the dichotomy of explanatory vs. exploratory (perhaps even render the concept of "mind" incoherent). There are machines that derive things from other machines. Some machines are larger than other machines (https://arxiv.org/abs/2208.03886). Etc.

One of the intriguing situations I often find myself in is being presented with seemingly batshit nonsense and wondering *where* it came from. If Marcus is right, then, for example, the garbage spoken by Terrence Howard has a (or several) cause(s). Or if you're a political animal, there are reasons someone might parrot Trumpian bullshit as if it's true. In other words, their "high order" macros cannot be decoupled (completely) from reality even though it sure seems decoupled from reality.

I.e. Marcus' rhetoric is an argument for the existence of God ... hedging however much we need to on the definition of God.

--
ꙮ Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙ ꙮ