[FRIAM] Addiction and depression

steve smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Sat Jun 15 17:56:19 EDT 2024

J -

so how do we think of this as different "levels" (apologies to Glen) of
selection.   The individual near-copy organism/self (humans across a
small spectrum of genome and larger? spectrum of culture) is selected
for at several levels (bodily comfort, ego/identity, existence,
likelihood of propogation, influence on others)  while the
industrialized food industry as a whole, consumer-focused product
industries, and a specific food company (conglomerate or single
sub-brand) and the government/political-philosophical-movement/political
parties/factions-in-power, etc also are being selected for success on
several measures.

The cancer cell is a Libertarian and "freedom fighter" trying to assert
it's individual rights about most everything while it's ancestors and
the other tissue/organ-cells surrounding it are deferring their
short-term *optimal* survival for long-term and group survival/thriving.

I personally defer a *lot* in my life to the "tissue/organ" I am a
participating cellular member of.  I think any individual who does not
is implicitely a "sociopath" and where there are rule-based systems in
place to be enforced, a criminal (technically "outlaw"?).

Is it a coincidence that the Q followers at the capitol on J6 had(ve) a
slogan: WWGOWGA (where we go one, we go all), an informal "loyalty oath"
that suggests that out of the blue the simple idea of aligning with the
manifesto and words of a psuedonymnous or fictitious individual ('Q') is
enough to bind you meaningly into a coherent group (metastasizing tumor?)

Is a healthy, functioning political group or government (if these are
not total oxymorons) or more likely entire culture a truly copacetic
multi-level structure whose "levels" range from that which is "healthy"
for the individual cell, the organ/tissue, the organism, the larger
social-ego/self of an individual, the family, the neighborhood, the
cultural subgroup, etc a unit of selection?

The Kushan/Axam/Sassanian cultures/civilizations co-existed (and
competed/traded) with the Roman empire and to some extent they all
provided similar levels of "healthy existence" to their
citys/villages/families/individuals in spite of varying degrees of
different approaches to "being".

- SS