[FRIAM] mental imagery

Russell Standish lists at hpcoders.com.au
Sat Nov 8 16:51:05 EST 2025


On Fri, Nov 07, 2025 at 08:31:50PM -0500, Nicholas Thompson wrote:
> Hi, Glen, 
> 
> As usual, I have launched myself into alien territory without a pass port.  I
> cannot follow the analysis stuff, but allow me to comment on objectivity.  I
> dont think it has anything to do with physiiological correlates-=- that's just
> icing on the cake.  Do you get migraine auras?  Lets imagine for a moment that
> migraine auras had absolutely no physiological correlates.  How would we go
> about doing science on them?  Or are they a subjective phenomenon.  That would
> be odd because already we seem to be talking about them. they seem to be on the
> face, intersubjective.  I wonder what the difference is between intersubjective
> and objective?

According to some, no difference at all. I belong to the school of
thought that there is no objective, just intersubjective.


-- 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Russell Standish                    Phone 0425 253119 (mobile)
Principal, High Performance Coders     hpcoder at hpcoders.com.au
                      http://www.hpcoders.com.au
----------------------------------------------------------------------------


More information about the Friam mailing list