[FRIAM] AI A̶p̶o̶c̶a̶l̶y̶p̶s̶e̶ Singularity
glen
gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 19:13:53 EST 2025
I looked but didn't find any published code. I'm not sure 9x the amount of code is a good thing. But I guess it is python. Gemini says it's the Unitree Go2 dog. Anyone want to buy one and share it? 8^D
On 11/13/25 1:22 PM, Marcus Daniels wrote:
> Karl Sims, part 2..
>
> https://www.anthropic.com/research/project-fetch-robot-dog <https://www.anthropic.com/research/project-fetch-robot-dog>
>
> *From: *Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> on behalf of glen <gepropella at gmail.com>
> *Date: *Wednesday, November 12, 2025 at 8:56 AM
> *To: *friam at redfish.com <friam at redfish.com>
> *Subject: *[FRIAM] AI A̶p̶o̶c̶a̶l̶y̶p̶s̶e̶ Singularity
>
>
> Computer Science is not dead
> https://russabbott.substack.com/p/computer-science-is-not-dead <https://russabbott.substack.com/p/computer-science-is-not-dead>
>
> My argument is that, unless you have a LOT of spare cash, getting a bachelor's is now a bad idea. Similar to the way over educated service industry staff in SFe, I've met plenty of trades-people who are just as capable of intra-head computation as those I've met in academe. And the AIs agree with me that a learned skill, journeyman or master, won't be displaced by AI any time soon. Get your license, *then* pay for your schooling as you go.
>
> My guess is you'll be happier and healthier as a result.
>
> Speaking of which, have any of you joined any of these:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unionization_in_the_tech_sector#United_States <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unionization_in_the_tech_sector#United_States>
>
> or any other union? I almost had a chance while working for the brewery. It was a member of the local sheet metal union and I woulda been able to join after a year. But they went belly up before I could join. >8^|
>
> --
> ¡sıɹƎ ןıɐH ⊥ɐןןǝdoɹ ǝ uǝןƃ
> ὅτε oi μὲν ἄλλοι κύνες τοὺς ἐχϑροὺς δάκνουσιν, ἐγὰ δὲ τοὺς φίλους, ἵνα σώσω.
--
¡sıɹƎ ןıɐH ⊥ ɐןןǝdoɹ ǝ uǝןƃ
ὅτε oi μὲν ἄλλοι κύνες τοὺς ἐχϑροὺς δάκνουσιν, ἐγὰ δὲ τοὺς φίλους, ἵνα σώσω.
More information about the Friam
mailing list