[FRIAM] mental imagery
Jon Zingale
jonzingale at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 17:35:34 EST 2025
"""
Are we all *actually* "as if" personalities? And those who think
they're not are delusional?
"""
I think I agree with this. What I like about what Marcus did was that
he took the time to formalize Eric's thoughts. Now we have something
like an object to probe and to discuss, so again cheers. As you point
out, there are proto-logical assumptions whose soundness are
questionable, yet maybe further able to be modelled. Often discussions
of this type barely get so far. Further, those that wish to take the
time, could produce constellations of additional models in Lean 4. We
could develop Geometric functors between them and build doctrines,
all-the-while comparing where sense is dropped or accumulated in the
process.
For all of the good that Cauchy's formalizations have done, one should
also acknowledge that its success diverted resources from Euler's
program (eventually reignited by Robinson). Today, I am happy to have
both.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/attachments/20251125/7c49e101/attachment.html>
More information about the Friam
mailing list