[FRIAM] posers

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Nov 26 15:59:23 EST 2025


Yeah, it can't be a monitoring tool because of the cmatrix info.

-----Original Message-----
From: Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> On Behalf Of glen
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2025 12:41 PM
To: friam at redfish.com
Subject: [FRIAM] posers

Speaking so much about posturing has broken me. I was watching this typically silly youtube video about the recent Twitter tool that shows the "locations" of the accounts and one of the cut fillers was this:

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-1103621683-program-code-computer-programming-scroll

It's used a LOT. I mean a lot a lot. I decided to see if gemma3 could tell what it was. It came close, identifying `htop`. But that's only 1 of the columns in the video. It's fairly easy to generate a similar display with `screen` and the like. I use `byobu`. On top looks like `dmon`. `cmatrix` is in column 7. (We know it's `cmatrix` and not some other flavor because in column 3, you see `/usr/bin/cmatrix` in what looks like a process list or somesuch. Column for looks like `tree`. Etc.

I started to recreate it. But column 1 looks like a script that takes some technical name of a resource and converts it into the phonetic alphabet. I'm not gonna write that script. I just fudged the rest. Time well spent? No, of course not. Did it distract me from hovering over the stupid graphRAG workflow? Yes, absolutely.

-- 
¡sıɹƎ ןıɐH ⊥ ɐןןǝdoɹ ǝ uǝןƃ
ὅτε oi μὲν ἄλλοι κύνες τοὺς ἐχϑροὺς δάκνουσιν, ἐγὰ δὲ τοὺς φίλους, ἵνα σώσω.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 5594 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/attachments/20251126/e9dbbfbf/attachment.p7s>


More information about the Friam mailing list