[FRIAM] How did I miss this

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu Feb 12 20:17:25 EST 2026


I’ve experimented with using Claude to write new heuristics and cutting plane plugins for integer solvers.   Claude easily writes the needed API contract for the solver (I use SCIP), but I found that its heuristics weren’t novel or surprising to me – things from the literature.    Still a remarkable achievement, but not at all what Cris is getting at 20 minutes into his remarks.  

 

From: Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> On Behalf Of Jon Zingale
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2026 4:11 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam at redfish.com>
Subject: [FRIAM] How did I miss this

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB9lJkUkIUM

Cris simply nails it. I love that he is out there producing invitations for the world.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/attachments/20260213/37e6999c/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 5594 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/attachments/20260213/37e6999c/attachment.p7s>


More information about the Friam mailing list