[FRIAM] diagramming is hard

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue Jun 23 17:33:39 EDT 2026


Claude can write Powerpoint diagrams with python-pptx.   I often (delegate use of) graphviz for network type diagrams.  
I tried the Microsoft Copilot capabilities in Powerpoint (Windows is more complete than Mac), and they aren't bad either.   

-----Original Message-----
From: Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> On Behalf Of glen
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2026 11:14 AM
To: friam at redfish.com
Subject: [FRIAM] diagramming is hard

So I had 3 Claude agents help me with a "gap analysis" on prepping a proposal, identifying where the customer may be missing content. Several iterations, multiple comparisons/contrasts, a little critique, etc. All that rigmarole used ~20% of my Claude Pro usage for that period. Then today, using only the 1 assistant, I asked it to help me clean up a diagram exported as XML (buttressed by a PNG export for it's "visual understanding"). That worked well, I think. But it used 24% of my allowance. Of course, XML is ... uh ... let's call it verbose, whereas the spreadsheet work operated directly on the ~4 sheet .xslx file. So that makes some sense. But it still seems a bit off. The gap analysis should require much more "reasoning" than the diagramming, right? I can't help but think a JEPA model would be better for diagramming.

-- 
8647 ⊥ ɐןןǝdoɹ ǝ uǝןƃ
ὅτε oi μὲν ἄλλοι κύνες τοὺς ἐχϑροὺς δάκνουσιν, ἐγὰ δὲ τοὺς φίλους, ἵνα σώσω.


.- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / .-- .-. --- -. --. / ... --- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe   /   Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom https://bit.ly/virtualfriam
to (un)subscribe http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com
FRIAM-COMIC http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/
archives:  5/2017 thru present https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/
  1/2003 thru 6/2021  http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 5609 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/attachments/20260623/ad47a8ca/attachment.p7s>


More information about the Friam mailing list