[FRIAM] Rename all the things

cody dooderson d00d3rs0n at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 11:17:21 EDT 2026


Steve;

The wikipedia article about Pravda has a nice quote

As the names of the main communist newspaper and the main Soviet newspaper,
> *Pravda* and *Izvestia*, meant "the truth" and "the news" respectively, a
> popular saying was "there's no news in Pravda and no truth in Izvestia".


Which I think leads to the inevitable modern US version : "There is no
truth on Truth Social and no news on Fox News".


_ Cody Smith _
d00d3rs0n at gmail.com


On Tue, Sep 8, 2026 at 7:46 PM Steve Smith <sasmyth at swcp.com> wrote:

> CodyS -
> > Oh sorry. I should have referenced that.
>
> In an attempt at irony, I ironically exposed my weakness at irony!
>
> I have managed to not read any TruthSocial nor X posts direct from
> source and virtually no FaceBookery either...  but screenshots of such
> still pop up too often.   Good call not providing links to such trash...
>
> Do we remember when the Secret Service took Obama's Blackberry away from
> him when he took office?  I suspect his communications staff were behind
> that more than literal "security"
>
> Re New 'Murrica -  I grew up with my eastern relatives actually
> believing that we didn't speak English and that they needed a passport
> to visit.   A few years ago I understand one of the bigger sellers at
> Doodlets downtown was a New Mexico Passport...
>
> Kudos to EricS as usual for noting that Trump is a Troll first and
> foremost.
>
> - SieveS
>
>
>
>
> .- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / .-- .-. --- -. --. /
> ... --- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..
> FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
> Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe   /   Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom
> https://bit.ly/virtualfriam
> to (un)subscribe http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com
> FRIAM-COMIC http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/
> archives:  5/2017 thru present
> https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/
>   1/2003 thru 6/2021  http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/attachments/20260909/574519f5/attachment.html>


More information about the Friam mailing list