[FRIAM] help me understand

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Sep 14 14:09:52 EDT 2026


This made my day.  I’m going to hack my agentic coding agent to have a “Trump approves” option.  Even a few people with that mode active would be a denial of service that would benefit us all.  

 

From: Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> On Behalf Of Jochen Fromm
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2026 9:59 AM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam at redfish.com>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] help me understand

 

If stupidity is painful, then please help me to understand how a president can claim "AI does not need guardrails, only a high IQ president".

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-administration/trump-rejects-ai-guardrails-rcna597700

 

As Rick Gervais said "when you are dead,  you don't know you are dead. It is only painful for others. The same applies when you are stupid".

 

-J.

 

 

-------- Original message --------

From: glen <gepr at ropella.name <mailto:gepr at ropella.name> > 

Date: 9/14/26 5:26 PM (GMT+01:00) 

To: friam at redfish.com <mailto:friam at redfish.com>  

Subject: [FRIAM] help me understand 

 


https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/macklemore-dropped-ed-sheeran-tour-pro-palestine-statements-1235625967/

> Pink later explained that she did not object to Macklemore’s calls for a “Free Palestine,” but said, “I have never asked for another artist to be silenced and I’m not asking now. I don’t need anyone fired, and I don’t need a refund. What I need is to be able to say, as a Jewish mom, ‘that scared me, and it scared people I love,’ without being told our fear is just propaganda, and without being told I’m somehow cool with genocide because I noticed?”

I'm not the most empathetic person. But I try. And I simply cannot understand how someone like Mackelmore saying "Free Palestine" could *scare* someone like Pink. Is it that when she hears "Free Palestine", she thinks it means "free Hamas from its restraints so it can murder Israelis". Is that it?

If so, I can imagine myself hearing someone like ... oh, IDK, Toby Keith shouting "Free the Proud Boys". Would that scare me? Would it scare local trans people because it would mean "Free the Proud Boys so they can freely execute trans people in the streets?" Is that why "Free Palestine" scares Pink?

If so, I have to go back to one of my favorite quotes: "Stupidity should be painful." I mean, yes, I do have an irrational reaction to things like lotus seed pods. But OMG, it's *because* of that reaction that I look at them so frequently. What kind of "fear" does Pink experience? It's just baffling, ridiculous even.

-- 
8647 ⊥ ɐןןǝdoɹ ǝ uǝןƃ
ὅτε oi μὲν ἄλλοι κύνες τοὺς ἐχϑροὺς δάκνουσιν, ἐγὰ δὲ τοὺς φίλους, ἵνα σώσω.


.- .-.. .-.. / ..-. --- --- - . .-. ... / .- .-. . / .-- .-. --- -. --. / ... --- -- . / .- .-. . / ..- ... . ..-. ..- .-..
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Fridays 9a-12p Friday St. Johns Cafe   /   Thursdays 9a-12p Zoom https://bit.ly/virtualfriam
to (un)subscribe http://redfish.com/mailman/listinfo/friam_redfish.com
FRIAM-COMIC http://friam-comic.blogspot.com/
archives:  5/2017 thru present https://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/
  1/2003 thru 6/2021  http://friam.383.s1.nabble.com/

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/attachments/20260914/8e3625a3/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 5609 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://redfish.com/pipermail/friam_redfish.com/attachments/20260914/8e3625a3/attachment.p7s>


More information about the Friam mailing list