[FRIAM] bah!

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Apr 26 13:46:28 EDT 2017

> < What makes you think the "Whitelash" contingent won't be early adopters (too)? >
>
> I hope they will.   Give them the ability to participate in a more sophisticated economy.
I would like to think (as I think you imply) that a more sophisticated
"economy" or "ecology" or ??? would resolve the apparent/percieved/real
differences that have "the rest of us" finding them scary as hell...
just as *they* are (as often implied and reported) Skeered of Muslims
(or at least the extremists) and other not-White not-Xtian peoples
because *THEY* are percieved (by them) to be either fundamentally flawed
(Cain vs Abel nonsense, Original Sin?... ???) or not living in a
_sophisticated enough_ economy/ecology...

too many of my Trumpian friends are NOT coming from a position of
*simple* ignorance or oversimplification...  I don't know if I can
attribute their misperceptions to be as simple as a lack of sophistication?

My Very Good Science Mind (channeling Trump here) has me believing that
an "arms race" is both inevitable and (therefore) "good" for global
evolution of complexity/life/??? but my (possibly flawed) Heart has me
cringing at the thought of an accelerating arms race.

I suppose a thread titled "bah!" can't be bent beyond the pale
really...  though I'm sure I've helped to bend the others a bit much of
late.

- Steve