[FRIAM] Randomness and Andreas Wagner

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 17 12:19:41 EDT 2017

Dear All,

For some reason, somebody was pressing on us the Andreas Wagner book.  So
now I have it and have scanned it, but I have forgotten why I am reading it.
It seems a reasonably good summer of contemporary Epigenetics, on a par with
Sean Carroll's work.   It stresses the robustness of the epigenetic system,
as it should.   It supports rather than undermines the notion that
randomness is a funny kind of concept to apply to genomic "innovation".

Am I missing something?

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson