[FRIAM] @fakedonaldtrump

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Aug 18 13:54:03 EDT 2017

I haven't been willing to follow much if any of the twittering the
Donald does,
but with the Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect, folks calling for
closing the
@realdonaldtrump twitter account, it piqued my interest.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/08/17/now-you-can-see-what-donald-trump-sees-every-time-he-opens-twitter/?utm_term=.6d0cbe09518f

The rising conflict between hate speech and free speech around this new
White
Supremacist eruption rallied around Trump's ascendency and implicit support
is fascinating to me.  Though as with all my greatest fascinations, it
is unfortunately
(yet another) morbid one.

I discovered that the Washington Post has created a mirror of Trump's Feed
titled @trumpsfeed as well as listing the 45 twitter accounts he is
following in
the order he subscribed to them.   Unsurprisingly Ivanka is at the top
of the list
with Greta van Susteren and Bill O'Reilly  not far behind.

While I feel very nervous about Twitter shutting down theDonald's
personal account
so cavalierly, I can imagine how devastating it would be to his ego to
not be able to
blurt out his nonsense at all times of the day or night without benefit
of counsel by
his (admittedly highly flawed) inner circle/counsel.  Moving the same
blurts to @POTUS
might be all it would achieve, which might enhance the absurdity yet more?

It would seem much more entertaining if someone (other than Twitter Inc)
managed
to hack Twitter and mess with  his feed.  As blatantly as taking over
@realDonaldTrump
and turning it into a parody of him, and then signing him up for the
address
@fakeDonaldTrump.

On that vector I discovered (unsurprisingly) that there IS an
@fakeDonaldTrump
(https://twitter.com/fakedonaldtrump ) which hasn't been utilized...
created/joined
apparently in 2008?   The account has not tweeted and has only 125
followers, within
whom I cannot find any particular pattern.

Where are the Anonymous Hacktivists in all this?  Their intentions often
seem meritible
but I can't tell how effective they have been in some of their
campaigns.  This is mildly
surprising.

Curiouser and Curiouser,
  - Sneeze