[FRIAM] Climate Change

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Dec 29 22:59:43 EST 2017

Nick writes:

< IF climate models cannot "predict" past anomalies, why should we trust them now? >

The European weather model assimilates 50+ types of measurements in space and time, including satellite data.   Obviously, these measurements were not possible except in the last few decades, never mind in the middle ages or before humans.   So whether or not there were even particular kinds of climate anomalies is a subject of some debate.    For example, were those periods wet or were they warm?  Were they uniform across the global or localized to certain regions?

Marcus